Capacity Building Trainings
Youth Work METHODS Training of Trainers (Methods TOT)
4-week distance; 3-day live; 1-week distance – Our most intensive course prepares participants to lead the 10 item-aligned Youth Work Methods professional development workshops. The TOT begins with 4 weeks of distance coursework comparable to a college-level course. Participants should expect to spend 6-8 hours per week on coursework. The TOT culminates in an intensive 3-day live workshop. Finally, there is one last week of distance work to wrap-up. Materials that participants receive include a binder with training agendas for all the item-aligned workshops as well as a set of 10 Methods guidebooks. Due to the nature and rigor of the course, experience with the Youth Work Methods as well as training experience is highly recommended.
- Ann Arbor, MI - June 5-7, 2017 - Register Here! Flyer is below.
Youth Work MANAGEMENT Training of Trainers (Management TOT)
3-week distance; 2-day live; 1-week distance –This Training of Trainers is targeted at managers and site leaders who wish to be able to support their sites throughout the quality improvement cycle. The course consists of three weeks of distance learning, two days of live training, and one week of distance follow-up. Graduates of the Management TOT can facilitate the Planning with Data and Quality Coaching workshops, as well as provide comprehensive logistical and professional development support to staff who are involved in the process. Participants should expect to spend 3-4 hours per week on readings, practicums, written assignments, and attending webinars.
Management TOT candidates must have successfully attended YPQA Basics and Planning with Data. It is highly recommended, but not required, that candidates have successfully completed the External Assessor Reliability Training and the Quality Coaching workshop.
- Ann Arbor, MI - May 4-5, 2017 - Register Here! Flyer is below.
Coaching for Continuous Improvement (C4CI)
This training is designed to support and enhance the skills of individuals who provide Coaching and Technical Assistance to program managers within a Quality Improvement System.
During this 2-day training, you will:
- Learn how to maximize data-driven planning with the out-of-school-time programs you serve.
- Receive resources to support the delivery of coaching services including tracking logs, Technical Assistance plans, calendars, and sample agendas for working with program managers.
- Discover your individual communication style and strengthen your skills for providing effective feedback.
Following the live training, you will also have the opportunity to participate in a follow-up webinar and a one-on-one coaching session with a Weikart Center staff/consultant to discuss key supports and the implementation of the strategies learned in your network.
There are currently no trainings open for registration at this time.
Summer Learning Program Quality Intervention (SLPQI) Assessor Coach
This intensive capacity building course is intended to prepare participants to lead their summer program through a quality improvement process including data collection, coaching, and improvement planning with data. Participants in the course will:
- Become reliable raters in the Youth Program Quality Assessment (dependent on passing a reliability test).
- Be prepared to collect data using the Summer Learning Program Quality Assessment.
- Be prepared to provide ongoing, strengths-based coaching support to summer program staff.
The primary audiences for this experience are trainers, coaches, and assessors who are in a position to provide direct, ongoing support to summer programs for children and youth.
Participants will be asked to complete two online courses and participate in two webinars prior to a three-day live training – a total of approximately 7-9 hours. After the live training, there will one more one-hour webinar to provide ongoing support for data collection and coaching.
- Baltimore, MD - April 19 - 21, 2017 - Online registration has closed. If you are interested in attending this training contact Jennifer.
If you have any questions about TOT registration or requirements, please contact Jennifer Harris, firstname.lastname@example.org.
|C4CI -Flyer- Jacksonville 2017.pdf||196.33 KB|
|Baltimore SLPQI Assessor Coach 2017- Flier.pdf||455.71 KB|
|Ann Arbor-Flyer- Methods TOT.pdf||242.59 KB|
|Ann Arbor Flyer- MGMNT TOT.pdf||326.85 KB|